Thursday, October 2, 2008

2nd Post

I need to cut these blog entries short because I've already spent an hour on the second topic.

I had fun working with the Wiki. I hope this particular Wiki continues into the future because it's nice to learn about my co-workers and their favorite things. It took me longer than I thought to add an entry about my favorite books, so although I wanted to add another about my favorite music, I'll put that on the backburner, and perhaps add more at a later time.

I see the value of a Wiki. The video explaining it was very helpful. Again, I see it as a tool that can be useful, but the purpose is defeated when using it is forced down our throats just because it's there. As it relates to my own job in security, I can see it being used when there are certain ongoing situations and each security staff member adds his own experience to the topic. For instance, parking in the garage posed a problem in the past, and maybe a Wiki could have been used for all of our opinions and suggestions.

Frankly, the Security Log is being used less and less now. That may be because we don't have any ongoing issues to deal with at this time. The newest Security Officer hasn't added one entry yet. The lack of communication amongst us may pose a problem in the future, but again, no need to fix what aint broke.

I think wiki literally means "quickly" from the article I read, but now it's been maybe a week since I did read it so don't quote me.

1 comment:

Michellv123 said...

Glad you had fun working with the Wiki and that you've found ways that it could be a useful tool for the library.