Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fourth Post--You call this work?


I've been browsing Flickr and youtube for the past 20 minutes and I'm starting to feel guilty about it. I need to remind myself it's okay to do this at work, because this is the "work" I'm supposed to do. I didn't think much of Flickr when I first learned about it at the staff institute day, but now I realize how much I do look for pictures at home, using primarily Google images, and Flickr is a lot better. The photos are a lot better in quantity and quality.


I don't know how much any of this lesson applies to working at the library, especially my job as Security Officer, but I will enjoy it at home. I've been aware of youtube for a while, and I use it mostly to watch funny things or listen to music, and then add those videos to peoples' myspace pages.


I looked through photos of my favorite band, Gogol Bordello, and some of the pictures do capture the energy that the band brings. This particular photo features Eugene Hutz, the lead singer, standing on a drum being held up by the crowd. One of the go-go dancers bangs on that drum, but it doubles as a transportation device. This band's music is so beautiful and joyous that just going through the pictures made me a little emotional, thinking about the feelings the music brings me and singing, yelling, howling, and screaming along.


1 comment:

Michellv123 said...

What a great photo and fascinating description of it! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself and really getting into the Web 2.0 program.

L2T