Friday, October 3, 2008

3rd Entry

I wish I had more time to spend on these lessons. I could spend a day looking through "delicious" and I think "Library Thing" would be fun to look through as well. I took the tour and I may sign up on my own from home. It seems like an extended version of the posts people make reviewing books on amazon.com. I can get addicted reading what peoples' ideas and interpretations of books are there.

As for tagging itself, I'm not sure it has much application when it comes to security staff. I can see how it could be useful if we had some kind of security database set up that showed how security staff handled certain situations. For example, if in the Security Log we wanted to know how certain parking situations were handled in the past, you might tag the word "parking" and then bring up every entry that had to do with parking. From that information a security staff member could determine how to act in a specific situation based on how it had been handled in the past. However, as far as I know the Security Log cannot be tagged.

Come to think of it, tagging could be a useful tool in just that type of situation, if we used an application where tagging is an option, but I'm not sure what type of application would be used. I'll have to ask Cathy Deane if and when we switch the Security Log over to some other type of application.

1 comment:

Michellv123 said...

Aren't Delicious and Library Thing addictive?! It sounds like you had a good time working with them.

Excellent idea to talk to Cathy about the tagging application. It's great to see people coming up with ideas on how to use these exercises.